About Vellai Milagu / White Pepper (Raw)
White pepper contains a chemical called piperine. This chemical seems to have many effects in the body. It seems to reduce pain, improve breathing, and reduce inflammation. Piperine also seems to improve brain function
Benefits of White Pepper
- White pepper works best for those suffering from loss of appetite as it enhances appetite and promotes healthy gout. The spice helps to get rid of secretions from airways.
- It is also used to treat constipation as it supports large intestine peristalsis and accelerates metabolism. It has anti-inflammatory effect and also freshens breath.
- It enhances the immune system and tones the overall body. It purifies the body from harmful toxins and promotes circulation.
- The regular intake of white pepper protects from various cardiovascular diseases and cancers. Monisha goes on to say, ” White pepper helps in preventing cancer by preventing formation of free radicals.
- It also aids in weight loss due to the presence of capsaicin, that burns fat in the body.”
Botanical Name : Piper Nigrum
English Name : White Pepper
Tamil Name : வெள்ளை மிளகு / Vellai Milagu
Hindi Name : कालीमिर्च / Kalimirch
Malayalam Name : മുളക് / Muluka
Telugu Name : మిరియాలు / Miriyalu